Wednesday

Neon Geo Bobby Pins

I basically live in all black, but since neon is so huge this season I wanted to work it into my wardrobe somehow. A little pop of neon in my hair seemed perfect.

First off, we need our beads.

I have a tutorial already made for these geo beads which can be found here, but for this round, I basically followed Dismount Creative's tut.



The clay was hard as hell to condition, so I used a spoon to help me lol. 

Now to the actual bobby pins.


MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED:
BEADS
BOBBY PINS
GLUE



Put a dollop of glue on your bobby pin and then place your bead on top. It's that simple!



Perfect for pulling my bangs back.



Thanks for reading!
- A


ps, I finally made a twitter, follow me at @HelloWhimsyBlog and watch me struggle to figure it out (:

5 comments:

  1. Love! My friend made some bobby pins with buttons and they turned out great as Christmas gifts! I might have to make my own brooches!

    <33 Rena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've made a whole jar of the geo beads :) Great idea, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Thank you for the tutorial, I linked it in a series I'm writing for my blog (http://rock-n-roll-stops-the-traffic.blogspot.it/2012/06/diy-from-head-to-toe-12.html#more), hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rena: ohhh brooches are a good idea!

    Joleneyuen: thank you!!

    Aysha Farooqui: haha I know, I totally went overboard haha, thank you!

    Lima: of course I don't mind! Thank you, I'll be sure to check it out (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...